Gallery Lane Cove is a cultural facility provided by the Lane Cove Council and managed by Centrehouse Arts Centre. Centrehouse is a not-for-profit community organisation that is self-funded with the assistance of a Lane Cove Council Financial Assistance Grant and has been operating art, language and cultural courses, classes, facilities and programs for over 30 years.
Exhibit your art at Gallery Lane Cove
Gallery Lane Cove is a community gallery that is self-funded with a management fee provide by Lane Cove Council. The gallery opened in February 2012 and is available to artists and groups to hire the space for exhibition through an application process. The gallery is a a unique and extremely flexible space, that offers artists a high quality facility to exhibit their work in. Designed by architects DRAW, the space can accommodate large and more intimate exhibitions.
– professional lighting system
– flexible walls for various sized exhibitions
– hanging system provided
– sales and invigilation managed by Gallery Lane Cove
– opened to the public 6 days per week
– central location, opposite the very busy Lane Cove Library
– group and solo shows welcome
– suitable for the display of various mediums
– rental hire fee, plus a 30% commission
– 10% GST is charged on all artworks sold
– wall labels and invitations provided by Gallery Lane Cove
– artists talks catered by Gallery Lane Cove
– opening drinks is the responsibility of the artist
Public Art Opportunities for Artists
Gallery Lane Cove also manages two of the Lane Cove Councils Public Art Projects; the Library Sculpture Plinth and the Outdoor Forecourt Gallery, photography exhibition space. There are opportunities for artists to exhibit their work free of charge in the Library Sculpture Plinth and one $2,000 commission per year is available for the outdoor photography exhibition space.
Free Artist Talks For Our Visitors
We offer visitors the opportunity to meet the exhibiting artists and hear their stories about making their artworks. Artist Talks are free of charge and we provide tea, coffee and cake in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.